2016 Tiara Yachts Q44
Yacht price: $589,900
The Tiara Q 44 is the ultimate day / fish / dive boat. It is unique in that it also has extended overnight capabilities. Built on the robust hull shared with the successful Tiara 44 Coupe, the Tiara Q 44 offers many options for family recreation and entertainment. The single level main deck is a huge hit and provides maximum safety for all ages moving around the boat.
"The Good Stuff" was recently serviced including her pods and surveyed in the past five months. She is in excellent condition and ready for her next owner. She was recently moved out of dry indoor storage to her recently rebuilt slip in Fort Myers.
- Tiara Yachts
- Fort Myers, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- The Good Stuff
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
Dimensions & Weight
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 25,000 lb
- Drive Type:
- (Individual), 870 (combined)
- Fuel Tank:
- 350 Gallon(s) - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 118 Gallon(s) - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 35 Gallon(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Heads:
- TV Set
- Autopilot / Autohelm integrated into multi-navigation display
- Radio - Fusion integrated sound system
- CD Player
- GPS - Garmin 8212 TouchScreen GPS / Plotter / Radar / Fish Finder / DF / AutoPilot
- Cockpit Speakers
- VHF - Garmin GHS10
- Electric Bilge Pump
- Microwave Oven
- Air Conditioning
- Electric Head -
- Hot Water
- Battery Charger
Outside Equipment / Extras:
- Cockpit Shower
- Cockpit Cushions
- Cockpit Table
- Swimming Ladder
- Retractable Cockpit Sunshade
- Live Baitwell
- Taco Top Mounted Outriggers
- Raw & Fresh Water Wash Downs
- Cockpit Cover
- Shore Power Inlet
- Generator 9kW
- Joystick ControlTiara Q 44 Overview
When he started Tiara Yachts, company chairman Leon Slikkers said he was building boats for the way he liked to go boating. With the new Q44 adventure yacht, Slikkers and his son, Tiara CEO Tom Slikkers, said they are building a boat for the way people go boating today. The Q44 is designed to be a versatile boat that offers passengers a variety of recreational activities during the day and returns to the docks in the evening.
Power Sliding Doors
Sometimes the boss just knows best. From the start, Leon Slikkers said the Q44 needed power sliding doors to enhance her versatility and he got what he wanted. There are buttons outboard of the helm and co-pilot’s seats and on the outside as well. A captain can open the starboard door, start backing into a slip and stop to grab the forward dockline off a piling before completing the process.
Reinforcing the idea that the Q44’s focus is for passengers to enjoy the outdoors, the island galley is aft in the cockpit. It has a Corian countertop with two removable cutting boards over the sink and grill, a wastebasket and storage.
Below decks, the Q44 has the shower in a stall to port and the toilet and sink in their own compartment to starboard. This arrangement maximizes the space in each room and balances the cabin layout.
Tiara made the most of the space in the Q44’s bow with a two-person couch-style lounge front and center and upholstered cushions outboard on each side where a person can stretch out. The side and bow decks are covered in non-skid and are wide enough for passengers to sit.There are six cup holders and a track to secure the weather covers. Storage includes rounded trays beneath the deck that can accommodate 10” (.25 m) diameter fenders. A large hatch in the bow opens on twin stainless-steel gas struts to reveal the Lewmar CPX3 windlass with a remote control. It hauls in a 37-lb. (17 kg) anchor with a rode made up of 40’ (12.2 m) of chain and 200’ (61 m) of rope.
The Q44’s side decks are wide enough that our test captain could pass by our cameraman without hitting each other. At about 32” (.81 m) tall and capped with a stainless-steel rail, the side decks also feel secure. The fuel fills and waste outlets are outboard of the power sliding doors on each side.
Stairs on each side at the end of the side decks close with stainless-steel gates. When opened, they lead to the Q44’s stern, which comes with a 5’ (1.5 m) standard swim platform with a stainless-steel boarding ladder. It can be upgraded with an optional hydraulic platform from Nautical Structures that can be lowered beneath the water’s surface.To starboard, there’s a freshwater shower and forward is a cabinet with the freshwater inlet and raw-water washdown. To port, the cabin has the controls for the swim platform and for the trunk that houses the supports for the optional Mediterranean shades. Beneath the table, there’s a removable panel that provides access to the generator.
Abaft the island galley, there’s a lounge with a convertible backrest so passengers can sit facing forward or aft. The whole lounge structure is hinged at the front and opens the aforementioned transom trunk. For a quick snack, there’s a small flip-up table on the aft side of the galley.Forward of the galley, a hatch in the center of the cockpit sole opens to the engine compartment. Outboard on each side, locking hatches with thick rubber gaskets open on stainless-steel gas struts to access storage.
When we stepped up and forward from the cockpit to the helm deck, the Q44 retained her open airy feel. On each side of a center passageway, there are L-shaped lounges with storage in the base around optional teak tables on stainless-steel pedestals. The two individual tables can be replaced with a large one that folds out. By replacing the table legs with shorter ones and using filler cushions, this area can convert to an open-air berth.
Forward Seating Area
At the Q44’s helm, Leon Slikkers had another requirement for Tiara’s designers. The boat had to have space for four passengers, including the captain to travel facing forward and have ease of passage to the cabin door. As a result, there are raised doublewide seats to port and starboard with multi-position footrests just ahead.Outboard of the seats, there are buttons that open and close the power doors and move the seats forward and aft.
A surprise in the sole forward of the co-pilot’s seat is a hatch that opens up a huge storage area. Instead of designing the boat with a small aft cabin, Tiara gave her this locker that is large enough for our 5’8” (1.72 m) test captain to duck down in and close the hatch. The access ladder for the coach roof stores in this area and there are dedicated spots for 5-gallon (19 m) buckets and baskets to hold tools and other accessories used for maintenance.
Tiara teamed with Volvo Penta on the Q44, using the engine manufacturer’s Glass Cockpit system that features navigation and engine instrumentation on two Garmin 8212 12” displays.There’s a traditional compass up top and below the screens are the accessory switches and a 12-volt power plug. With the Volvo Penta power, the Tiara Q44 also comes with Volvo IPS Joystick controls that lets the captain drive and dock the boat with the accessory and autopilot. There are electronic traditional shift/throttle controls and Lenco electric trim tabs as well.
The entryway to the Q44’s below decks area is opened with a large door that slides to port. There is a sliding screen that lets in fresh air as well as an overhead deck hatch and two side ports, all of which have screens. The boat also has a 10,000 BTU air conditioning system. In keeping with the boat’s versatile theme, she has a scissor-style berth that opens to create a V-shaped lounge in the bow and closes to sleep two in one berth.Aft to starboard, there’s a mini-galley with a microwave oven and another 2.3-cu. ft. refrigerator and to starboard is a hanging locker. The 29” flatscreen TV is forward and there is a Blu-ray player as well as a pair of speakers and a remote for the Fusion stereo. A large hatch in the sole provides access to the shower sump and other plumbing accessories.
Tiara builds the Q44 with a hand-laid solid fiberglass bottom and balsa coring in the hullsides and deck. The stringers are cored with wood and foam and encapsulated in fiberglass. The hardtop and windshield frame are composite for weight savings and strength. Deck hardware includes six 12” stainless steel cleats and a 1 ¼” diameter stainless steel bow rail.
The Q44 has 12-volt DC and 120- and 240-volt AC electrical systems. She’s equipped with an Onan 9 kW diesel generator plus nine batteries, five for engine cranking and four house batteries. There is a 65’ shorepower cord with a power retractor.
The engine compartment has an automatic fire extinguishing system, sea strainers and fuel-water separators for the engines and generator and a triple-port oil changing system. The engines are installed on vibration dampening mounts through-bolted to the stringers.
Our test captain drove the boat while standing with the steering wheel and controls and while seated with the joystick and the boat responded smoothly to steering input from each source. For long-distance cruising, just set the speed and trim, have a seat and work the joystick.Hull and Deck
• Fresh white gelcoat hull and deck
• Hull is painted a Beautiful Dark Steel Blue
• Hull constructed with a gelcoat outer layer, balsa cored hullsides and hand-laid fiberglass using premium resin
• Deck constructed with a gelcoat outer layer, balsa core, and hand-laid fiberglass using
• Deck side engine air intake system with built-in step for boarding
• Bronze seacocks on all underwater thru-hull fittings
• Stalon fittings on thru-hull fittings above the waterline
• Tiara custom diamond pattern non-skid deck & cockpit surfaces
• Wood and foam core stringers, encapsulated by hand-laid fiberglass, are integrated to the hull
• Gelcoated & fiberglass lined bilge areas
• Four (4) S.S. opening port lights with screens
• Poly rubrail with 316L S.S. cap
• Six (6) 12" S.S. cleats for lines
• Tiara custom composite hardtop, FRP windshield frame with tempered fwd glass,
& a windshield wiper system with two (2) washer/wipers. Hardtop includes Bomar®
hatches for passive ventilation.
• LED navigation & courtesy lightsForedeck
•One (1) Bomar® extruded aluminum opening forward deck hatch w/ built-in Ocean Air®
screens & privacy covers
• One-piece welded, 316L S.S. 1 1/4" low profile bow rail
• Flush forward anchor locker with overboard drain
• Concealed Lewmar® CPX3 automatic rope/chain anchor windlass system with Lewmar® handheld tethered deluxe remote control & a switch at helm. Includes one (1) 12" S.S. foredeck cleat, 40' chain rode, 200' rope rode, & 17 kg/37 lb. Lewmar® DTX stainless steel anchor.
• Forward deck sun pad and jump seat with weather covers
• Six (6) drink holders
• Forward fixed jump seat window and one (1) vista skylight
• Under gunnel storage for 10" fendersMid Cockpit / Helm Area
• Helm with Volvo®/Garmin® Glass Cockpit electronics, drink holders, dual USB charging outlet, & 13.8" black leather & chrome steering wheel
• Sliding companionway door with screen and privacy cover; door slides behind port shroud
• Double wide captain's chair with electric fore & aft adjustment. DC panel below.
• Double wide companion seat with electric fore & aft adjustment. Storage below.
• Electric port and starboard sliding side doors
• Opposing L-lounge seating, converts to exterior berth. Flip up arm rests. Cooler box &
storage on starboard side, storage on port side. Removable drink holder.
• Drawer storage below L-lounge step
• Three zone Fusion® stereo system for coverage throughout the boat. Fusion® MS-UD750 12V stereo powered by JL® Audio M700 digital amp. Accepts USB/MP3 and has integrated Fusion® remote volume controls.
• Two (2) JL® Audio 6.5" coax speakers
• One (1) JL® Audio 8" subwoofer with tuned enclosure below helm seat
• Marine Air Systems® 32,000 BTU cockpit air conditioning systemCellar Storage
• Entry via floor hatch
• Stainless steel ladder for entry/egressAft Cockpit
• Molded-in steps up to gunnel to provide side boarding on hardtop access
• Cockpit LED courtesy lighting with remote control
• Raw water washdown outlet w/25 ft. coiled hose
• Weather covers for prep center
• Floor hatches with storage boxes port and starboard. Sealed with gas shocks.
• Two (2) JL® Audio 7.7" component speakers
• Aft Prep Center includes: Molded in sink with hot/cold water faucet, Corian® countertop and cutting board, Kenyon BBQ Grill, Electric Chilled Cooler Below Aft Deck Seat
• Electric grill
• Storage drawers
• Waste basket
• Stainless steel grab rail
• Round teak tables (2) for cockpit l-lounges. Includes filler & cushion to convert lounges for sleepingTransom Area
• Dual transom entry doors with stainless steel frame & hardware
• S.S. grab rails on transom
• Transom storage compartment with fiberglass liner with access under sunpad. Dedicated storage with easy access to items.
• Two (2) 10" S.S. pop-up cleats
• 60" integrated swim platform with S.S. telescoping swim ladder
• Recessed transom shower, hot & cold water
• Fresh water washdown outlet with 25 ft. coiled blue hose
• 120V GFI outletInterior Group
• Architectural teak & wenge interior wood
• Solid teak cabin sole & companionway steps
• 120V outlets throughout
• 12V LED lighting throughout
• Four (4) 18" x 18" throw pillowsSalon
• Privacy insert for vista window
• Scissors berth, can be used for seating or pushed together for use as a berth. Storage
• Cedar-backed hanging locker with additional storage
• Marine Air Systems® 10,000 BTU air conditioning system and day head
• 19" flat screen TV
• Blu-ray player
• Two (2) JL® Audio 4" coax speakers and Fusion® remote
• Microwave convection oven
• Isotherm® DR65 120V 2.3 cu. ft. refrigerator/freezer
• Waste basket
• Drawer storageHead
• Full frame door
• Solid surface countertop with solid wood accents, undermount sink hot/cold water
• Lower vanity storage
• Teak floor
• VacuFlush® toliet
• Exhaust fan
• Air conditioning vent (controls in stateroom)Shower
• Full frame, water tight door
• Fiberglass stall shower with sump pump & teak seatInstrumentation, Safety and Equipment
• Tiara custom 12V DC & 120V/240V AC electrical system
• One 240V AC 50 amp 65' dockside power cord with Glendinning® cable recoiler
• TV & AM/FM radio antennas
• Onan® 9 kw diesel generator with sound shield & helm indicator
• 12V multiple bank battery system with batteries & remote battery switches. Five (5)
engine batteries and four (4) house batteries
• Electronic engine controls & steering system
• Volvo® engine option includes trip computer software
• Volvo® Glass Cockpit electronics package with Volvo® engines: Two Volvo®/Garmin® 8212 12" displays with card reader and GRID remote, Volvo® autopilot, Volvo® IPS Joystick Plus control, Joystick driving, GPS antenna, Garmin® 24" HD dome, Garmin® VHF200 radio, Garmin® GSD24 sounder, 600w transducer
• Ritchie® SuperSport SS2000 compass
• High output alternators
• Lenco® trim tabs
• Engine room acoustical insulation with lighting
• Racor® fuel filters/water separators, engines & generator
• Raw water intake strainers, engines & generator
• Vibration mounts, engines & generator
• Plate mounted, thru-bolted engine system
• Three (3) port oil changing system, main engines & generator
• Beede® indicator LED's for aft bilge pump, mid bilge pump, forward bilge pump, & generator
• Three (3) automatic/manual electric bilge pumps with monitors at helm, 2,000 GPH each; one (1) forward, one (1) mid & one (1) aft
• One (1) aluminum fuel tank, total capacity 350 gallons, with in-line fuel vent filters & fuel shut-off valves on top of tank
• Dockside water inlet, aft deck
• One (1) fresh water tank, total capacity 118 gallons
• One (1) holding tank, 38 gallons, with deck discharge & holding tank vent filter
• Fresh water tank/holding tank monitor
• Fresh water pressure system with ten (10) GPM pump
• One (1) water heater, 11 gallons
• Kahlenberg® chrome dual trumpet air horn
• FE-227 agent automatic/manual fire extinguisher system for engine room
• Four (4) handheld fire extinguishers
• Carbon monoxide detectors & smoke detectors in all staterooms
• Eight (8) 5/8" x 30' black dock lines with dedicated storage
• Dedicated storage for dock lines and fenders
• USCG/international LED navigation lighting
• NMMA certified using ABYC standardsTiara Factory Options
- Twin Volvo IPS 600 with Glass Cockpit & Joystick Plus Control, 435hp ea.
- Anchor Locker Washdown/Fresh
- Nautical Structures Hydraulic Swim Platform 60"
- Makefast Marine Powered Sun Shade, Aft Cockpit
- Rod Holders on Covering Boards, Aft
- DuPont Metal Flake Hull Paint, Chrystal Blue Effect
- Lenco auto trim tabs
- Hardtop toy storage
- Teak decking under hardtop
- Cold plate for cockpit cooler
- Aft galley in lieu of center island galley
- Baitwell 42 gallons
- Spot light ACR
- Central vacuum system
- Round tables for L-lounges
- Lee rod racks in cellar ceiling
- Rocket launchers
- Teak table for scissor berth
- Underwater lights
- Three sided cockpit enclosure
- Volvo Dynamic Positioning -DPS
- Taco Outriggers
- Sirius XM Satellite weather/radio module
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.